Thus far I've been happy with the work by the seamstress (and owner?) at Rose Alterations, 2023 South Milledge (leaving the University,
going toward the bypass, on the left, a strip of shops after the apts--the car wash is across the street); 706-355-9111; hours:
Mon-Fri 9:30-6, Sat. 10-5 (hours info as of last summer). There's an alterations price list in the shop, and all articles that I
left were ready on time as promised. (The shop sign was "Alterations"; I got Rose from Google.)
- Daisy Hall (2 excellent ratings) - Daisy does a terrific job on alternations --
not only alterations,
but she makes all kinds of clothing, including wedding and prom dresses.
- retiredin case you're looking for Judy's Alterations -
- Thomas & Palmer or is it Palmer & Thomas - anyway - 2 sisters on Baxter Street, next to Forest Lithographers.
- Hi there! I almost always have to get my dress pants hemmed and I take them to the alterations place at the mall
(near Sears). They usually charge me $8 per pair, unless they have to do something extra.
- Professional care drycleaner in the kmart/Kroger shopping center off college station road does alterations and
judys alterations in the small shopping center besides McDonalds on gaines School road also is good.
- Barbara's Alterations in the Gateway Shopping Center off of North Avenue. Great prices!
- My great Aunt Betty (well, she's my great aunt and she's a great aunt as well :) is the Palmer half of
Thomas & Palmer alterations on Baxter.
LeFance Alterations does a great job and is reasonably priced. It's actually in a woman's home off of Jimmie
Daniel Rd. South of Atlanta Hwy. I had a couple of pairs of my husband's shorts hemmed by her. Her phone number is (706) 621-4789.