The content and opinions expressed on this Web page do not reflect the views of
nor are they endorsed by the University of Georgia Staff Council,
the University of Georgia, or the University System of Georgia.
Cake Maker Recommenations
Ashley King at Classic City Confections is a terrific baker - very reasonable, I think - and a UGA employee! I recommend her without reservation.
She has a FB page.
- I can highly recommend Ashley King of Classic City Confections:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley King http://classiccityconfectio.wix.com/ccc. business email is email@example.com.
We like Bees Knees on Epps Bridge Parkway.
There is a lady here at the Bursar's Office who does cakes. Brandi Aycock. You can look her up on Facebook to see some of her work. I recommend her!
- Brandi at the Bursas office located in the Business Service Bldg bakes wonderful cakes. Here's her number706,542,2965,
Casey's Cakes http://www.casey-cakes.com You can check her menu and prices on her web site and see a slide show of a lot of her cakes. She's great!
Highly recommend Casey Geiman of Casey's Custom Cakes. She works out of her home in Madison County. She can do just about anything so the cakes always look beautiful but they taste wonderful as well. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or she also has a Facebook page if you're on FB. That link is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Caseys-Custom-Cakes/130325733169?fref=ts.
Cecelia's on Milledge Avenue.
Deb's Specialty Cakes in Athens is awesome! http://www.facebook.com/DeborahsSpecialtyCakes
- Deb makes my favorite cakes in town.
Phone (706) 424-4470
Email DeborahsSpecialtyCakes@gmail.com Website http://www.DeborahsSpecialtyCakes.com https://www.facebook.com/DeborahsSpecialtyCakes
Diane Baird in the CPH Dean's Office does cakes. She teaches cake decorating at Micheal's - and makes fantastic cakes. She just brings them to campus for pick for those that buy from her. You can reach her at email@example.com.
- Call Diane Baird in College of Public Health, she does a wonderful job!!! 2-0939
Kroger - I love Cecilia's, but Publix and Kroger do a great job too.
- Publix Bakery has always made very good cakes.
Rebecca Holcombe - I highly recommend Rebecca Holcombe on campus. She is super sweet and has done tons of cakes for my family and me, including some really cute custom cakes. She is very reasonable and easy to work with. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org www.freewebs.com/rebeccacakes.
Susan Cowert makes great cakes. Works in College of Education and owned Marigold Cafe. Scowert@uga.edu
Tonya Hix - Tonya is a WONDERFUL and TALENTED baker. I don't have their number but Tonya has a FB page. Her name is Tonya Hix.
- You have got to see Gail Tello's work from Tuesday's Child. If you have a Facebook account, you can see pictures of her work. Search under "Tuesday's Child." A friend of mine was moving to France and she made her a cake in the shape of the Eiffel Tower. Pretty amazing. Her phone number is 706-201-0638.
I recommend Rebecca at www.freewebs.com/rebeccacakes. She has done numerous cakes for my family and for several of my office parties. She works here at UGA, and makes cakes on the side; she specializes in unique creations and I know has done some beautiful wedding cakes. Her email is email@example.com
I would recommend Ashley King at Classic City Confections
(http://www.wix.com/classiccityconfectio/ccc). Her cakes are amazing!
- Casey's Cakes are my personal favorite.
- "Caraway cakes make amazing cakes. I use them for every event. Everything I have ordered from there has been exactly what I wanted and they deliver. https://careawaycakes.com/ "
- Take the Cake in Winterville. Good service and great taste!
- "Depends on what you want and how much you can spend, but for my money, no one can beat "Cecilia Villaveces Cakes" on Milledge (on the end by Dunkin Donuts). Their wedding cakes are pricey but you can't beat the flavor and freshness.
- "Here is something to consider if you (or the bride, if you are not she) do not have your heart set on a traditional tiered wedding cake. When I got married 4 years ago, I knew I wanted to get a cake from Cecelia's, but instead of getting one large cake, we ordered a variety of small ones. We had my favorite flavor for a bride's cake, which had white frosting; my husband's favorite for a groom's cake, which was chocolate, and then about 8 others that people could choose from. The best part was that this was much less expensive than ordering a traditional wedding cake. At the time, wedding cakes were running upwards of $3 a slice, served. This cost us less that a $1 a slice, served. Plus, we had a beautiful cake table, and people absolutely loved it."
- "Deb's cakes are awesome and taste really good.
- DON'T use Take the Cake. That lady was the most unprofessional lady I've
ever dealt with in dealing with a wedding cake.
HORROR STORY!!!! Just a
piece of advice. How she runs a business with how she did us is beyond me?!?!?!?!?!
We have gotten many things from Take the Cake before and have had good experiences. I am sorry that you had a bad one.
I disagree with the lady about Take the Cake. I have used her for the past 4 or 5 years and love her. She has done some amazing cakes
for my son's birthday party.
I have to agree. She made a wedding cake that was horribly decorated, with red velvet dye peeking through the frosting, gaps in the dots
meant to separate layers, and then the bottom tier collapsed on itself! Her response, "I'll tear up your check, salvage what you can."
Take the Cake has done cakes for me and they are delicious and no problems with her.
- Publix makes eally good cakes.
- Sam's cakes are great.
I agree that Sam's cakes are great especially for the price. If you want good taste and nothing extreme in decoration or shape, I'd go with
Sam's. I have also used Take the Cake and have always been happy with the result. Sounds like she does ok with birthday cakes but maybe
not wedding cakes. As far as taste, Sam's and Publix are better, I think.
Sam's has really good cake and unbelievably well priced...
Sam's might have good cakes, but the customer service there is horrible. I had a very bad experience and will not get another cake from them
again! I even talked to the store manager about my situation and he even acknowledged and knew who I was talking about. So, obviously they
knew they had an issue with this certain person.
- Try Teresa's Bakery on Jefferson River Road. She makes adorable birthday cakes and they taste great! Plus, she is ridiculously inexpensive.
We ordered a tres leches cake for my birthday and it was only $15 for an 8" layer cake decorated! Here is her web site. She does need 24 hours
notice for some cakes. http://teresasbakery.com/homeesp.html`
- Bee's Knees makes really beautiful cakes.... they taste awesome, too:)
- I highly recommend Casey Geiman - She does beautiful and unique work at a GREAT price and the cake taste amazing. You get something special not
just a store bought clone. www.casey-cakes.com
I have to agree with Missy. She made cupcakes for my son's birthday and they were truly AMAZING.
I second highly recommend Casey, great TASTING cakes for a great price.
I also recommend Casey Cakes. I ordered a German Chocolate cake in April and received more compliments on that cake than any other bakery made cake
I've EVER ordered!
- I recommend P.S. Cakes. Very creative - UGA employee's home business, so giving back to our own community.
I love PS Cakes, we got an Elmo cake for my daughters 3rd birthday, it was wonderful and oh so yummy. There is a picture of it on PS Cakes facebook
page. She also did cupcakes for my sons birthday and everyone kept raving over them!!
- I highly recommend Rebecca.cakes. She has done numerous cakes for my family birthday parties, as well as work functions. She also does great
wedding cakes! Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and phone is 706-499-6750.