Responses to ENT - Ear, Nose, Throat question:
I have a friend who broke her nose in a fall, and is not interested in seeing Dempsey for various reasons.
Does anyone have any information on Dr. Simpson, Dr. Dillard, or Dr. Gomez?
- Dr. Dillard is awesome! My ear hurt so bad I went to his office for the first time in tears. He and his staff were awesome!
He put a tube in my right ear and I had to have sinus surgery. My surgery was in January and I haven't had any pain since!
- I've used Dr. Dillard before - very conservative in his approach to implementing procedures. I had a bad ear infection and he
was reticent to lance the infected area until he'd tried other less invasive treatments (anti-biotics, etc.) He finally had
no choice but to procede with the aggressive procedure, but was so light in his approach that years after, I've not experienced
any other problems.
- Dr. David Dillard is the ENT (otolaryngologist) I used a few years ago and liked a lot. He's pretty straight to the point; not
much pussyfooting around.
- I completely recommend Dr. Gomez without ANY reservations. He took my tonsils out nearly 35 years ago. And, has since seen my husband
and two children. He's somewhat "old school" but wonderful!!
- We went to Gomez to have tubes in Isabel's ears. It was fine.....we got into a rather heated "conversation" beforehand because I wasn't
convinced we needed to do it. I think he had the patient's best interests at heart. I guess what I learned is you may have to stand your
ground if you have questions/reservations, etc.
- Dr. Gomez is one of the finest doctors in the country. He has been in Athens for years. Knows his stuff!!
- Dr. Gomez is great. I've been to see him for sinus and ear infections. Dr. Gomez didn't cause me pain when conducting an exam for the same
thing an exam Sheffield administered about killed me with pain.
- I have used Dr. Simpson since I have been back in Athens (20 yrs) & I think he is good. Dr. Dempsey never did anything to help me -- +
he's too old now. I did see his associate, Dr. Mixon, for one problem & he seems pretty good.
- My husband is currently a pt of Dr. Simpson, for a problem with a cyst on the vocal cord, we are very please with him.
- My family has used Dr. Simpson for many years now and we really like him. He put tubes in several of my grandchildren. He also did major
cancer surgery (13-hour surgery) on my dad in 1990. He's really a good doctor.
- My children have gone to Dr. Simpson for 20 years - from ear plugs to tonsils to broken nose. We love him!
- Dr. Simpson is wonderful. He just treated my 2 year old daughter, he treated my niece who broke her nose, and he treats my grandfather.
He has w great bedside manner. I have nothing but good things to say about him and the ladies in his office.
- John Simpson is great!
- I have used Dr. Simpson for my son in the past. My son has had tubes a couple of times and his adenoids removed. He also did my niece's
tubes and the removal of her tonsils and adenoids. We always had a good experience with Dr. Simpson.
- My husband really likes Dr. Simpson (considered "new school"), and I see Dr. Gomez (considered "old school"). Both of us have been in for