- I went to Smart Styles in the Eastside Walmart last night and got my haircut by Miranda and she told me that they are doing cuts for half price which means $8! Now, I had a foot cut off and lots of layering, razoring, thinning, etc and was in the chair for an hour. Still...$8! Styling and shampooing costs extra but the cut is cheap. She did a great job. I avoided having my hair cut for over 3 years because my stylist retired and now I have a new one! You can walk in or make an appointment. Just ask for Miranda :)
- I went to Wal-Mart (east side) this morning early and had my hair trimmed. Rachel was there ready and willing to cut my hair anyway that I wanted her to. She did a fantastic job and I was very pleased which I am
Hard to please when it comes to my hair!! I highly recommend Rachel, she has been in the business a long time and she is good.
If you want a good hair cut, ask for Rachel, the number is 706-425-9400 and the special price is $7.99 which is good thru 9/30/12.
- I went this past Saturday morning and saw
Miranda. She cut off half my hair that was
so damaged and she gave me a great style.
She said I had split ends up to the roots
practically so sold me some awesome
Regis tea tree shampoo n conditioner
(smells like yummy peppermint!) and
I can already tell a difference in how
it feels. For $30 I got a cut and blow
dry ($3 extra) and a nice bottle of
both shampoo and conditioner and
a lil tip for Miranda. And I will be
going back as soon as it starts to
grow out. She's got a client for
life! She's fun and funny and we
talked about da fellas and poof
I walked out looking like Farrah.
hehehe Well, maybe Farrah's older
chunky sister. LOL
- Judging by some of the recommendation requests on the listserv recently, many of us are seeking less expensive hair care alternatives. Personally, I was on a
quest to find color for under $60, which seemed to be the jumping off point for many salons. After exhaustive research I found a great little shop and wanted to
share the info with those who may be interested.
Reminiscent of Truvy’s Salon in the film “Steel Magnolias,” is Hazel Landrum’s Haircuts &Curls Salon. Technically in Winterville, it’s very close to eastside Athens,
on Robert Hardeman Rd. at Beaverdam. Color was $40 and fabulous, women’s haircuts start at $15 (men’s $10), highlights are $1 per foil (that was not a typo – one dollar!), and perms and all the other usual services are priced equally reasonably. I was very pleased with my results and the added bonus of not spending more than I should was very appealing.
They are great and charge about $30 bucks. They also give great discounts.
I started going to Fringe Salon a few months ago which is just past Ingles Supermarket on Highway 29 going towards Danielsville. Chantill has been cutting my hair and I've very pleased. Just a cut is $25-30. Their Facebook page is here.
Fringe Salon in Hull ga. My niece works there,ask for Tiffany,when you call. Fringe phone number is 548 2005
Donna at Fringe in Hull is great. Cuts around $25.00. Just right past Ingles in Hull.
The Fringe located just below Ingle's on Hwy. 29. I recommend seeing Tiffany or Tara for an appointment. Tiffany has done my last couple of cuts and I've been very happy with her work. It was $20 each time. They also have a punch card and after 5 visits you get $15 off your 6th visit.
Mia with Regis Salon (Alps)!
I asked about Regis on Alps and got two great recommendations. Haircuts are around $32 and $35. Mia was suggested by both people that recommended Regis.
See Courtney Hunter at Divine Spa and Salon in Watkinsville. 706.769.3383. She is great and it only costs $33.00
- Courtney Hunter at Divine Salon and Spa in Watkinsville!!
- It's right at $50, but Republic Salon downtown is absolutely amazing. All stylists are very knowledgeable. Plus, they'll give you a glass of wine or a beer while they work their magic.
- If you don't mind driving to Winder, I love, love, love Melanie Bradley, who runs her shop from home. Ladies' haircuts are $18. She is a sweetheart, gives great haircuts, and is really good with color, too, if you color your hair. I drive from Commerce to see her, if that tells you anything. Her phone number is 770-231-0552.
I love my hair salon in downtown Watkinsville. Rizos at 706-769-4247. I go to Robin but all the ladies there are fantastic.
Sage at Studio 72. 706-549-5593. Love her, she is great. Located close to Athens Tech
I love Leslie Andrews at Classic Hair & Spa (on Prince, across from the "Navy School", at the corner of Prince & Buena Vista) 706.227.1669. She owns the shop. She listens to what you want, does a good job with it and is reasonably priced. She also does a great job with color.
Lee Ann Moss @ Adam and Eve
I don't know where you live but I have discovered a very small (1operator) salon in downtown Danielsville, called CARRIE J'S. She is good. She charged me $22 for my haircut.
I use Shear Designs in Winterville, Cynthia Bowman, 706-742-5591. Her hair cuts are $15.
Cheri Cooper at Great Clips, Atlanta Highway, across from the mall and next to Pier One. She's really good, and you get more bang for your buck.
Anige @ Alps Barber and Beauty.
Shenanigans on Baxter Street -- Either Jessica or Beth -- both are fantastic!
I have been using Judy at Great Clips probably close to 20 years now (she is now the manager and has been for a long-time at their East-side location).
Try Jacklyn at Salon On First in Watkinsville. She is the owner. She is really talented.