- The University Health Center has a good PT/Massage Therapy clinic. Massage Therapy services
are open to UGA Faculty and Staff.
I recently had a massage for severe muscle pain in my upper back/shoulder/neck region. I saw Jen Berry
at Advanced Massage Therapies. It helped so much. There are several people in the group and they
are all great massage therapists. They've worked on the US Olympic Cycling team. I highly recommend
Advanced Massage Therapies, 1363 S. Milledge Ave., Athens GA 30605, 706.369.7595
http://www.advancedmassagetherapies.com/ "Bob, Amy, Peggy and Jennifer
focus on pain relief bodywork, using techniques ranging from deep tissue work to CranioSacral Therapy to hot stone massage.
Every person responds differently to massage, so each massage we give is different, fine-tuning the pressure and intesity
for optimum results and comfort".
My wife Kat Daniel does this type of work and has been doing this type of work for 10 years. She also can provide good
references and does house calls.
Kim Paquette at Lotus Sun Therapeutics is excellent. She is able to work with some insurance as well.
I use Elizabeth at the Health Center. Employees can use their massage services. She is in the Physical Therapy
department so I assume she is used to working with people with injuries.
Your best bet will be to find a neuromuscular therapist. Unfortunately,I don't know whom to recommend at this point.
Also, physical therapy through Athens Therapeutics might be something to consider. They brought me back from a
bad car accident!
Sybil's Helping Hands, 8 Court St., Watkinsville, GA 30677, Phone: (706) 207-6186
I have used Jim at the Foundry....he is awesome!!!!!
Elizabeth Alder is the best massage therapist. She has been doing this for over 25 years. Elizabeth works out of her
home in the Green Acres subdivision on the east side of Athens so her hours are more flexible than the normal 8-5.
Her home number is 706-549-8999 and her cell phone is 706-338-2001.
Jennifer Smith in Crawford. Her number is: (706) 742-8689. She is wonderful.
Rene here at the University Health Center is great, I have used him twice recently, and massage therapy here is open
to all faculty and staff for $40 for 30 min. or $60 for an hour.
Bill Coleman at Classic Hair & Spa.
I go to Georgia Medical Massage on Baxter and Rocksprings. http://www.ideservemassage.com/
Both Jenna and Paige at Revolutionary Massage are excellent massage therapists. They have a great website that features all of the
different services they offer and has a link to schedule an appointment: http://www.revolutionarymassage.com/
Kerry Fulford is awesome! Her telephone number is 706-207-5881.
I go to Amy Bramblett and have been very happy with her. Her number is: (706) 369-7595
- For medical massage, I would recommend *Gaiea* *Goldberg* at Neuromuscular Massage at
(706) 552-1545. She is fantastic.
- Lou Sharp at Aches Away, 585 Research Drive, Suite B, 706-353-6222, I've
been going to her for years and she's
experienced, knowledgeable, & priced
- I know a highly skilled massage therapist. She offers a number of different types of massage and
works as a medical massage therapist, ranging from deep to soft tissue. I don't know all the lingo,
but I know that she is awesome! She just moved to Athens and is still doing some massage for
chiropractors in Atlanta. She's going to be working at Big City Salon soon. I think that she
would be very happy to take on a few clients if anyone is interested. Her number is (404) 309-7465.
Her name is Tracy Dowler.
- I use Kimberly Paquette at Lotus Sun Therapeutics....She does massage and acupuncture as well...I
have chronic back problems and seeing her regularly has been very helpful...She was voted "Best in Athens" in the
2005 Flagpole awards...
- Jade Springs Therapeutics in Comer 706-614-6126 EXCELLENT!!!
- Massage therapist in Five Points. http://sunflowermassage.weebly.com/
- I go to GA Medical Massage on Baxter Street. I've seen a couple of different therapist but I absolutely LOVE J.J.!
She isn't too rough or too soft. After you've been, you know you've been (if that makes sense).
- Georgia Medical Massage on Baxter are good, they have a web site and they have a membership program.
You don't HAVE to be a member to get a massage, but the thing about the membership is this:
If you get one massage each month and you are a member, you only have to pay $49.00 instead of the regular price,
which I think is $65.00. Plus, as a member, if you get a 2nd massage in that month, you only have to pay $29.00.
- Not sure what your price range is, but I've seen Charmayne Tyson Nichols (on Prince Ave., 706-207-1437) in the past.
She's so great!! It's been a few years, but the last time I saw her an hour massage was around $65 I think
- Kathleen Ryan. She's the best!!! I think it's like $50/hr. Give her a call and see what you think. 706-308-6885.
She's less than 5 min away. Her space is off College.
- Try Foundry Park Inn, 706-549-7020; they have one or two massage therapists there I think!
- One of my good friends, Tiana Rabusin, is a certified massage therapist. She currently works at the Foundry Spa and she provides home massages as
well. I have had several massages with her and she is a wonderful and gifted massage therapist. I highly recommend her
- I just started going to a Eastside Chiropractic in Watkinsville (Dr. Hooper) who came highly recommended by several people. I see why after only one visit!!! I have been to several over the past few years but he is wonderful!! Anyway, he has a massage therapist that works with him. I have not tried her yet but I plan to next week. I know someone on campus that goes to her twice a month. I didn't realize until then
that our insurance covers her as well as the chiropractor!!! I think it costs about $30.00 or $35.00 for a one hour visit.
- Lacy at Eastside Chiropractic is great!
** I called and if they do not accept your insurance it is $60.
- Lauren at the Mind Body Institute at Athens Regional is great!
- Have you tried the Athens' Regional Mind/Body Institute? I think the lady I went to was named Beth . . . the best money ever spent to relieve my arthritis.
- Dr. Giles on Atlanta Hwy across from McAllister's Deli has a great therapist for about $35. 706-543-2584
- Sybil Manley at Sybil's Helping Hands in Watkinsville 706-207-6186 (2)
- Jeanette McElhannon at Bodyworx in Town Center, Watkinsville 706-769-0233
- Try Casey Gieman with Body Basics (706-201-9140) - she's cheap and WONDERFUL!!! She'll even come to you if you need her to, she's mobile. I know she's $40 for an hour if you go to her, but not sure if she charges more if she comes to you. I go to the Northside of Athens when I meet her.
- I go to Kim Paquette. Her number is 706-340-2098. She is very good and reasonable. She really helped my back and shoulders.
I use Kimberly Paquette at Lotus Sun Therapeutics....She does massage and acupuncture as well...I have chronic back problems and seeing her regularly has been very helpful...She was voted "Best in Athens" in the 2005 Flagpole awards...
- I recommend Pat Harrington, she works out of Dr. Richard Whitaker's office, Foundation Chiropractic
- I go to, I think, the best massage therapist around. He has been my therapist for 2 1/2 years. His name is Michael Moore and he is located in the Healing Arts Center at 834 Prince Avenue. His phone number is (706) 546-1626
- Beka Billings at Arbor Spa
Elizabeth Alder is the BEST!! She is on the east side of Athens on the road beside Green Acres Baptist Church. I have found that she charges
for an hour what others charge for 30 minutes. I try to go regularly, but sometimes I just don't get to. Several people in my office are
using her and LOVE her. Her number is 706-549-8999 or 706-338-2001.
- Virgina Ball is fantastic. Her phone number is 706 338-6677.