Auto Tec (13), Doug and Bob, 170 Coile Drive, 549-3316
I've had good service with Autotec on Coile St. behind Publix grocery store. Friendly and fair and good mechanics - kind of in the style of the Car Guys on NPR radio.
I have always found Auto Tec to be reasonable, and I trust their work. They specialize in Japanese cars. I have taken all of my Hondas to them. They are on Coile Drive behind Porterfield Tire off Mitchell Bridge Rd.
Auto Tech on Coile Drive.
They used to work on my 1993 Honda Accord all the time. Fast, Friendly and Affordable.
My wife and I have use Auto Tech which is located off Mitchell Bridge Road for over a year. We have been very pleased with their work and customer service.
Auto Tech is the greatest!!!!! They are off Mitchell Bridge Road, on Coile Road (between 2 tire places turn on to Coile). They are at the end of Coile Road. Don't use the dealer. They are a huge rip off. The Auto Tech guys are completely honest too!
Auto Tech. They're great. Also, Hopewell Tires and Automotive. They're also great. Almost everyone in our office goes to one or the other cause they are so nice and have never done anything to our cars unless it needed to be done. AND, they check with you first.
You would be very pleased with Auto Tech. They are honest, and do work for reasonable prices. I think one of the owners worked for Toyota for a number of years.
AutoTech off Mitchell Bridge Road. Doug and Bob are everything you want--friendly, reasonable, honest and they only work on Japanese cars.
Auto Tech of Athens is the best place to go. They are honest, reliable and fair priced. They only work on japanese cars. Located off of Mitchell Bridge Road.
I've been very pleased with Auto Tech since 1984. Honest, reasonably priced.
Go to Auto Tech!!!! They have worked on our Toyotas for years and we've always been happy with them. They're honest, reasonably priced and I can't recall a time that they didn't fix my car the first time I took it to them -- no going back four times before something is fixed correctly. They're located on the west side of town, off Mitchell Bridge Road. Since I live on the eastside, that's a bit cumbersome, but worth every minute.
I've lived in Athens since 1974. AutoTech of Athens has always done good quality work. You pay a little more but you do get what you pay for.
Doug, Bob, and Chris at Auto Tech have worked on our cars for over a decade and are honest, reliable, smart, funny mechanics (I know funny isn't essential, but it does help).
- Auto Tech. They're great. Also, Hopewell Tires and Automotive. They're also great. Almost everyone in our office goes to one or the other cause they are so nice and have never done anything to our cars unless it needed to be done. AND, they check with you first.
Cheatham's Garage is pretty good. Very good work and very fairly priced. Honest feller.
This guy has helped us out a BUNCH!!! He has a small garage in his backyard, and can do almost anything. He's reasonable, personable, and honest - just a "normal" kind of guy. Macgyver's Master Techs. Call Shane Cox, 706.207.7642.
- we went to Auto Tech of Athens just off Mitchell Bridge Rd. behind Publix on the Atlanta Highway & have been
VERY PLEASED with their work on my Toyota Corolla.
They're great, very honest & reasonable price for their work.
Masters Garage (4), Gary Smith, 1275 Commerce Road, 543-6837
Gary at Masters Garage on 441 (going towards Commerce on the left). He's excellent, honest, and very reasonable. I have done business with him for YEARS!!!
Masters Garage - Gary Smith. Gary is very honest and very reasonably priced.
Masters Garage on Hwy 441 passed the Bulldog Inn. Good with Toyota's I know, but probably good with Honda's too.
Master's Garage, on Hwy 441N has serviced my Hondas for 20+ years.
Watkinsville Service Center (3), Darcy Lapointe, 1326 Greensboro Highway, 769-8334
My daughter and I both have Honda's and Darcy at Watkinsville Service Center does all of our work. Great job and less expensive than the Honda dealership.
I can recommend Watkinsville Service Center without reservations. They have worked on my car and kept it running (a 1987 Delta 88 with 265,000 miles on it) for the past 6.5 years and I trust them completely. I have found them reasonably priced and it is my understanding they will work with you on paying off the bill. Darcy Lapointe, the owner, is a fan of Hondas and Toyotas.
Try Watkinsville Service Center. They are honest, reliable, and reasonably priced.
Holeman Auto Repair (2), Neil Holeman, 788 Colbert Grove Church Rd, 795-5652 (Danielsville)
- My husband and I have been using Neil Holeman (Holeman Auto Repair) for over 15 years and we've never been disappointed with Neil's work. Holeman Auto Repair is off Highway 29 North going toward Danielsville on Colbert Grove Church Road. Neil is in the phonebook in the Danielsville section. I drive a Honda and my husband drives a Toyota and Neil does a fine job on both of our autos. We have found Neil to be very honest in that he has called us to report that we DIDN"T need some of the work we though we did so we could save the money until a later date. You just don't find that kind of honesty much in the auto repair business these days! Please feel free to contact me at 542-6020 if you want more information.
- Holeman's Auto Service shop in Danielsville is wonderful. I have a 2000 Honda Accord and took it there sometime last summer to have a new timing belt installed and paid about $400 less than what the Honda dealership quoted me. He was super nice, fast and efficient. I HIGHLY recommend him and I am sure others will do the same.
- Athens Service Center on Broad is excellent. The owner Mike is a very very nice guy and always keeps us in the loop and doesn't overcharge.
- Gary's Automotive & Collision Repair in Bogart 770-725-7440. They are very reliable and dependable and reasonable.
- Car Craft on Hawthorne
- I use Ricky Eberhart at Athens Automotive on Broad Street. He'll tell you if he can't fix something and is
good about giving accurate estimates, in my experience. For example, last week Tires Plus diagnosed a broken CV
axle while doing an oil change (I think!) and gave me a price of "only $279.85" to fix it.
Ricky told me it would run between $170 and $190 and did the work for $185.00, and I know it's done right.
He's worked on a Honda Accord, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota and Dodge trucks, and a Toyota Camry for my family.
- Main Street Garage in Winterville is awesome. Their number is 706-742-2300. Bryan and George are great and they are very reasonable.
- My name is Lamar Adams and I have a shop at my home. I work on most brand cars. I have worked on several people's car from UGA. Two recent customers are Carolyn Taylor & Susan Rittenberry that you can contact. Both of these individuals reached me from this forum.
My home number is 706-742-8115 and my cell is 706-224-2079 or you can email me.
- I recommend A-1 Auto, 2190 Lexington Road. Athens 30605. (706) 548-4311.
- What are you needing done? My dad is a mechanic at Snow Tire downtown. The number is 706-543-4371. Ask for David McGinnis.
Although my opinion will seem biased, he is very honest and will not recommend unnecessary work.
- I also have a 96 Honda and Chuck Stamey does my work. He is in Madison County and is a certified Honda mechanic. His number is 706-338-7406.
- I really trust Bass Mims Goodyear on Lexington Road next to Shoney's on the east side. They do all my work.
- If you live near Watkinsville, I've been taking my car to Oconee Plaza Auto Center for many years. There are very honest, won't play games with you and are reasonably priced.
- Try 5 Star Automotive, Macon Hwy (near intersection with S. Lumpkin, across street from bowling alley). Ashley & Joey Dillard are the owners -- very nice guys, honest & reasonable. Phone is 706-353-0059.
- Dick Berryman apparently still operates a car repair shop at the old Barnett Shoals Cheveron. However, it is no longer a gas station. I used to take our cars and trucks to Dick once they were out of warranty and he did a wonderful job of maintenance and repair. He is honest and talented. I highly recommend him for car repair.