Results from 3/10/2010 Search for Ophthalmologists
Dr. Victor Crosby - 5
Dr. Michael Jacobs - 4
Five Points Eye Care - 2
Dr. Mohan Iyer - 3
Dr. Tony DeMarco - 2
Dr. Marc Jacobs - 1
Dr. Jing Dong - 1
Dr. Blue - 1
Dr. Hubbard - 1
Dr. Victor Crosby (5)
I highly recommend Dr. Victor Crosby. He's an excellent doctor (and a nice guy, too).
- I like Dr. Victor Crosby.
- I love Dr. Victor Crosby. He also treats my friend that had a retinal detachment.
- Victor Crosby, who is on that list, is the one I've seen, and he's very good, I like him a lot
Dr. Michael Jacobs (5)
I see Dr. Michael Jacobs. He's out off 316. I like him a lot. Did both of my cataracts.
- He's very thorough and concerned about his patients.
- Michael jacobs ,Athens Eye Care off 316 on left i mile past the loop 10 is great
- Before I started using the VC here, I used Dr. (Michael) Jacobs ((706)549-7047). He's young
and really nice and takes time to make sure he's understanding all your problems. His office
even worked with me to pay my bill over a 3 month period so I didn't have to pony up all that
cash at once. I highly, highly recommend him. However, I encourage you to check into the VC
here because our prices are so low and we have great docs. 2-5617.
- I've been happy so far with Marc Jacobs who bought Silas Read's practice.
FIVE POINTS EYE CARE (not Ophthalmologists) (2)
Dr. Nadine at five points eye care is amazing!
- We have really been pleased with 5 points eye care -- Dr. Jon Forche (I think that's how you spell it).
Several folks in our office use them -- that's how I started going there.
- Dr. Mohan Iyer (3) I'd highly recommend Dr. Mohan Iyer,Athens Retina Center...my husband had a macular hole(in the back of the eye)
- and is still recovering..so we've been several times...people from all over come to him (he's on Oglethorpe)to
get serious eye problems fixed and "re-fixed" from other doctors...Both our eye doctors recommended him right
off and have high regards for him.good luck, June
- I am the Vision Clinic manager at the University Vision Clinic. I wanted to let you know that Dr. Iyer is a retinal
ophthalmologist here in Athens. He is the one that other physicians refer to (and we do as well). Hope this helps.
- my opthalmologist sent me to Dr. Iyer and I felt totally confident in the care I got.
Tony DeMarco (2)
I saw Tony DeMarco the night before Thanksgiving a little over a year ago (emergency visit recommended by optician,
as I was seeing lightning flashes in my right eye, and it wasn't raining or thundering inside my house..). He is
GREAT. Right eye turned out, eventually to be completely fine thank goodness.
During the exam DeMarco looked at my left eye, noticed the laser surgery I'd had to repair the retina, and I mentioned some problems
I was having with the left eye... upshot was, I ended up seeing a Dr. H. who visits that practice from Emory and specializes in
retinas. I had surgery on that eye last summer. Eye can never be 100% but it is better.
I swear by DeMarco (he came into the emergency visit with flour on his pants, he'd been making pumpkin pies with his kids, I mean awwwww....)
Smart, takes an interest, (and good bedside manner -- during my emergency visit, reassured me as I was concerned about losing the one
eye with correctable vision for pete's sake). If your eyes are bad (and I'm extremely nearsighted, -11+ and -12+) I'd go with DeMarco.
Dr. Jing Dong @ Dr. Blue's practice (1)I highly recommend Dr. Jing Dong, he is in with Dr. Blue's practice on Milledge Ave.
I had a horrible painful thing happen to my eyes 4 yrs. ago that my opthomologist of 20 yr's couldn't determine my
problem and 3 months went by where I was out of work a month and couldn't see, blink, cry without pain. I had to quit
driving!! Then one day I was at my pharmacy & just decided to tell the pharmasist what was happening & she said "you
need to get to an eye disease specialist immediately as you could get staff in your eyes and go blind!!" I said I didn't
know of one and asked her for a referral and she said go see Dr.Jing Dong!! I did the next day and he determined my problem,
medicated my eyes and everything is under control. Took him 5 mins. to know --- where it took over 3 months for my opthomologist
to admit "he didn't know"! Dr. Dong had extensive med. training in his country & to practice in the U.S. he had to take
extensive American schooling in addition::: so he is double SMART!! You'll love him as I did for his expertise and caring.
Dr. Richard Blue (1) Dr. Richard Blue is very good. I have macular degeneration and he seems to be very thorough. I would recommend
taking a good book for your appointment though as they take a very long time and most times it takes my 2-3 hours.
- Dr. Hubbard (1)I go to retina specialist at Dr. Crymes office. His name is Dr. Hubbard. He comes from Emory to Athens.
Not sure how often.