- Nancy Hendrix, Rajiv Setia, Athens Area Pediatrics, 225 Hawthorne Park, 613-6136
- You can't get any better than Dr. Nancy Hendrix: (706) 613-6136. She doesn't prescribe meds unless it is absolutely necessary. She is in the same office as Dr. Setia. If Dr. Hendrix is out Dr. Setia will work you
in. I feel just as comfortable seeing him as I do seeing Dr. Hendrix.
- Our daughter is almost 4 years old and has been seeing Dr. Hendrix since we adopted her when she was four months old.
- I've used Dr. Nancy Hendrix since my daughter was born almost 9 years ago & LOVE her! She is great. Very down to earth. I would highly recommend her.
- I highly recommend Dr. Nancy Hendrix. I have been taking my children to her for 23 years. She has always tried to do her best to treat them without antibiotics or hospitalization unless apparently necessary.
With my 3 year old and one year old now, she frequently will go ahead and give me the prescription for an antibiotic but instruct me not to fill it unless they exhibit specific other symptoms. Often saves me a second trip to see her, but I also realized I have a pocketbook full of Rx's that we didn't need. Not sure if she does this for everyone or if she knows I've been doing this for a while now. She accepts the HMO and was on the PPO when I had that. Not sure if she is taking new patients though. If not, I would also recommend her associate Dr. Setia. They have totally differently styles and I have always been impressed with the thoroughness of his exams. He has given me suggestions for diaper rash, colic etc. outside of what she has recommended that have proved to be helpful. They compliment each other very well. 706-613-6136 is their number.
- Dr. Nancy Hendrix is my daughter's pediatrician and we LOVE her. She is so great with kids that Kala (now 3) asks when she can go see Dr. Hendrix. Kala has lung problems so she has a tendency to get bronchitis every year and Dr. Hendrix helps us stay on top of it. Thankfully we've never had to admit her to the hospital. Dr. Setia is also in the same office with Dr. Hendrix. If Dr. Hendrix is out of the office Dr. Setia has always been willing to see Kala and he is also very thorough. I HIGHLY recommend these two.
Dr. Hendrix is a very good doctor, and my son loves too!
- Dr. Nancy Hendrix and Dr. Setia are great! It is just the 2 of them in the office, they have a great staff.
- I have a 4 month old daughter and am very happy with her pediatrician, Dr. Rajiv Setia. He is in practice with one other pediatrician, Dr. Hendrix.
- I highly recommend Dr. Rajiv Setia. He's been my daughter's doctor for over a decade. Good luck in your search!
- Dr. Murthy is excellent.
- My family was quite pleased with Victor Payton.
- Victor Payton is wonderful
- I love Dr. Victor Payton. I've used him for over 11 years now. The kids love him too.
When I was looking for pediatricians, Dr. Setia took the time to meet with my husband and me and answer all our questions. Since my daughter's been born, any time we've been to the doctor for something other than a wellness visit, his office has always called to check on her. I've not had to wait long any of the times we've been. I like the office staff, the nurses are great and would highly recommend him. We also saw Dr. Hendrix when we were in the hospital and I liked her also.
- Victor Payton, 700 Oglethorpe Avenue, Suite 4, 548-3196
- We use Victor Payton, he is wonderful.
I have used Dr. Victor Payton for 20 years. My three kids (15, 18 and 20) love him. He has a small practice (just him) and a wonderful staff with little wait time for visits. Even when you call and need to be seen right then, they work you in fast. He is one who will also make a point to stop and speak if he sees you out somewhere. I picked him without ever talking to him with my first child. He walked into my room the day my daughter was born and I knew that he was the right one for us.
My wife, son, and I all loved Victor Payton!
Dr. Victor Payton on Oglethorpe Avenue has been fantastic for all three of our young daughters. You should try to make an appointment to speak to him to ask questions.
- Alan Glassman, 700 Sunset Drive, Suite 504, 549-3943
- I like Dr. Glassman.
- Dr. Alan Glassman is wonderful. He is more personable than most other doctors in town and my girls both love him to death. His office staff is wonderful as well. He has two nurse practitioners that are just as wonderful. I would highly recommend him to any one.
- I use Dr. Glassman and I love him! We never have to wait more than a couple of minutes in the waiting room, and he is so great with the kids. He also listens to what we say and our opinions on how the kids are doing. He's just great.
- Dr. Glassman is GREAT!
- Henry Garrard, Holly Aldridge, Athens Children's Clinic, 1500 Oglethorpe Avenue, Suite 600B, 549-3426
- (Dr. Garrard recommended by couple at Earth Fare)
- I have been with an office for 6 years now. When we started it was Dr. Christian Lindsay - he turned the office over to Dr. Garrard and went into full time at the hospitals. They have added one doctor, Dr. Aldridge. We use Dr. Henry Garrard and Holly Aldridge. If one is unavailable the other will see our daughter. They both are really good listeners, kind, and patient - I highly recommend them. Their staff is also great. I couldn't be happier with them.
- Definitely Dr. Garrard!
- Venkatappa Murthy, 555 Research Drive, 353-3100
- Dr. Murthy on Research Drive. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and already have a 4 year old daughter who has been going to him since she was born. We love Dr. Murthy, go check him out!
- I have two kids a son that is 4 and a daughter that is 10 months. They have been going to Dr. Murphy on Research Dr. since my son was first born. He is very good and his staff.
- My son is 3 and we have used Dr. Murthy for the entire 3 years. We LOVE Dr. Murthy. He takes time to talk with us and explain things and he likes to meet the parents when you are still pregnant. If my son was sick and needed to go to the doctor, we were NEVER told that we had to wait 2-3 days for an appointment. And, when we needed a Dr. on the weekend one time, Dr. Murthy met us at the office, instead of the Emergency Room. His diagnoses have always been accurate. My son doesn't have any unusually medical problems, but he did have an allergic reaction to amoxicillian and Dr. Murthy knew what it was right away and explained it to us.
- Melissa Martin, Matt Baker, Michael Nelson, 1500 Oglethorpe Avenue, Suite 2200, 543-0471
- Dr. Melissa Martin (Located off Oglethorpe Ave). She is wonderful and always willing to see new patients. She is great with my daughter, even when it comes to shots. The nursing staff is always friendly.
- (Melissa Martin recommended by Steve and Sherry)
- Dr. Melissa Martin is the best. She is sweetest doctor. She is on Oglethorpe Avenue in the new research offices. The other doctors that are in her office are Dr. Baker and Dr. Nelson, but among any other doctors she is perfect. She also understands your worries because she is a mom of three. That may not seem like much, but it was more comforting to me that she was a mother and understands your concerns and worries.
- I have a 15 month old son and we see Dr. Matt Baker. He has been wonderful with my son and I'm very pleased with him. He has two other doctors that work in his office and I've only seen one of them once when my son was sick and Dr. Baker was out of town. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to see him except on one occasion when they were extremely busy.
- We love our doctor Dr. Nelson for our 2 year old. He is double certified as a pediatrician and a general practitioner. We have never had a problem with waits.
- James Swails , Kristina St. Clair, Gena Albert, Jon Udwadia, Oh Kwon, Athens Pediatrics, 1500 Oglethorpe Avenue, Building 600, 546-5191
- I just moved my son from one I think very good (he's now 17 and too old for a ped doc). It's a group practice but a smaller one, and Dr. Kristina St. Clair found and took care of a major allergy that swelled my sons face for 3 days that the ER docs couldn't even get under control. She's very personable, my son took to her right away, and she talks with them and is very clear and knowledgeable.
- My children's pediatrician, James Swails, seems to fit the description of what you are looking for in a doctor except is part of a group. He has always had the time explain what's going on and answer any questions that my husband and I have had. He is definitely is "kid approved". I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but my son (who will be 4 in July) will ask every now and then if he will can see Dr. Swails. My son recently went with me for my daughter's 12 month check up and talked more to Dr. Swails than I did. Dr. Swails is part of Athens Pediatrics, but recently the office has had some reorganizing done to make it more efficient. The group includes Christina St. Clair, Genia Alberts, John Udwadia, and during cold and flu season they have Dr. Oh Kwan in the night clinic. My son and daughter have seen all of these doctors and they are wonderful.
- Dr. Gina Albert is wonderful as well.
- I really like Dr. Albert, she is in Watkinsville.
- Charles Braucher, Tara Merritt, Athens Adult & Pediatric Medicine, 1500 Oglethorpe Avenue, Suite 600E, 613-6080
- Highly recommend Dr. Charles Braucher. He is great with kids, 2 person practice.
- Others I love J. Patrick Morrison.
- I use Dr. B. O. Edwards in Watkinsville - both of my children have seen him and I have been happy with them... My son is three and my daughter is now 13, so she doesn't see him anymore.
- Dr. B.O. Edwards in Watkinsville is GREAT! 706-769-7911
- Dr. B.O. Edwards in Watkinsville, GA - (706)769-7911
- I also like Dr. Newman (woman), which is who my daughter sees if she needs to see a doctor now. Dr. Newman is in the office with her husband - Dr. McCorkle. I like both of them.
- Dr. Carrie Kelly, Evergreen Pediatrics,
1160 Capital Avenue,
Watkinsville, GA 30677,