Butler Automotive in five points replaced the transmission in an older car of mine back in 2001 and there hasn't been any issues since. In fact, we were very impressed with his customer service and prices compared to other mechanics around town, that's where we take our vehicles for regular oil changes and maintenance.
- It's in Danielsville but highly recommended. Smith's Transmission. 706.795.0017
- I hear Aamco was good, but no experience with. I asked them were they the same as Mr. Transmission and they said "NO"! Try calling Big Dog's Tire and Service 706 353 6002
- Masters Garage - Gary Smith (don't have the number right off hand) The shop is on the left down Macon Hwy. Past the wonderful Bulldog Inn. Mr. Smith is honest and very reasonable and will tell you up front before working on your car. Several high ranking officials in Athens use him.
- I purchased a rebuilt transmission from GM, through the local Chevy dealership, that came with a 3 year or 100,000 mile guarantee; I've had no problems with the transmission and I'm well past 3 years approaching 100,000 miles.
- My husband is a mechanic with his own shop. He doesn't do transmission work, and has to send all his out. He thinks VERY highly of the ethics and work quality of James' Transmissions over on Danielsville Rd/North Ave.
- We had to have our sons transmission rebuilt last December. We used Smith's Transmission in Ila, Ga. They did a jam up job. These guys run a tip top operation and stand behind their work.
- I highly recommend James Brooks in Commerce. His number is 706-335-9506. For body work, I highly recommend Denton's Body Shop in Commerce. Number is 706-335-2037.
- Brian at Auto Age is WONDERFUL!!! He's always upfront about everything and explains everything very well. I have used him several times.
- I've had great experiences with the guys at 5 Star Automotive on Macon Hwy. They have a separate location for tires & alignment, just down the street from their original shop. To help with vehicle drop off, there's an Athens Transit bus stop nearby with a route that serves campus and you can ride it free with your UGA ID.
- I had to replace the transmission in my 17-year-old's car last December. I went to Smith's Transmission because of all the recommendations and he was around $800 cheaper than all the rest and did a great job. No problems at all. Good luck!
- Complete Transmission Service @ 770-725-0811 located at 2681 Monroe Hwy, Bogart, GA 30622 is who I would highly recommend. They have done work for me in the past and I was very pleased with not only their work but their pricing.
- Just dropped mine off at Complete Transmission out in Bogart, and they're great. Fair and honest. I've got two different mechanics I use, and they both recommended them.