Water Delivery Service (on campus) (12-08)
- We haven't had any problems with Neptune Refreshment Services. They are based out of
Watkinsville. Their number is 706-769-1570. If you'd like to discuss water service with
them via email their email is firstname.lastname@example.org. The water comes in 5 gallon jugs at $6.50
per jug. They also invoice via email if you prefer.
We use Neptune in Watkinsville and we never had any problems. Happy.
- We use Waterman Spring Water 706-369-1486. Reasonable prices and our cooler has a tap for hot
water as well. We pay $12.50/mo rent and just over $7/bottle for 5-gallon bottles. The
bottles have a peel-off tab that makes changing the bottles really easy.
We like Waterman!
A faculty member in my department uses Waterman and is very happy with his service.
The phone number is 706 369-1486 and the owner's name is Greg Reece.
- Down here in Memorial Hall the pipes are so old and rusty that the water in the drinking fountain
comes out brown half the time, so we got bottled water approved through our budget office as a
justifiable expense. We bought a water dispenser through Minton Jones for under $150 (hot
and cold water) and get the 5 gallon containers delivered through Melwood Springs. They
normally refill without us even having to notify them.
- our clinic has bottled water for our client waiting room. we use Crystal Springs and have
been very happy.
- Blue Ridge Mountain Water, 770-451-5181, We have a dispenser that delivers chilled and HOT water.
- My building, Administration Building, gets deliveries from Melwood Springs at this time. We
currently get about seven 5 gallon bottles each month. The cost is $7.00/bottle. You also have
to pay a deposit fee of $7.00 for each bottle. For each empty bottle that is returned to the
vendor, there is a $7.00 credit. Our monthly cooler cost is $12.84 (tax included). We also
get .5 liter individual bottles which are $8.00 per case, and 7 oz. plastic cups are $3.50/sleeve
(not sure right off hand how many are in each sleeve). Each month, we usually pay around $150.
Very happy with Melwood Springs. 770-302-3400.
We have Melwood Springs and we are very satisfied with their service.
- Snelling from Quench stopped by my office. He is working with someone in Physical Plant regarding
trying to get this on campus. It's considered as "going green" because this system will tap into
the water lines already in the building and will use Ultraviolet Light to keep the water fresh.
This eliminates having those big 5 gallon bottles of water, having to find storage for them, etc.
Mr. Snelling said that the Art School has already signed on with them. I believe he had a meeting
with Jarrod Buffington in Bio. & Ag. Engineering last Tuesday as well. 770-242-2782