Who's Giving Staff Awards at UGA???
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences -- Contact Pat Smith email@example.com,
Animal and Dairy Science, Athens, GA, 706-542-0980
- Finance and Administration holds an annual Recognition Ceremony to honor employees who have
achieved five-year service milestones (i.e., 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years). In addition,
four Merit Awards for individual service excellence are presented in the following categories:
Customer Service, Unsung Hero, Tough Dawg and Newcomer. Employees
are nominated by their peers, and selection is made by the Recognition Committee, which is
composed of staff members from every Finance and Administration division. For more information
about the program, visit http://www.busfin.uga.edu/recognition.html
- Franklin College of Arts and Sciences
Staff Excellence Awards,
Staff Service Awards,
Outstanding Advisor Award
- The College of Education makes three presentations for Staff Awards for Excellence.
Visit their site at http://www.coe.uga.edu/srg/
-- Contact: COE Dean's Office
- The Georgia Center Awards yearly milestone recognition for every 5 years of service.
- Warnell School of Forest Resources awards are provided annually by the WSFR Alumni Association, to recognize and reward outstanding support personnel in the school.
- Law School presents The Emma Terrell Distinguished Employee Award which recognizes
individuals who have demonstrated a strong work ethic, commitment to
service, and exceptional job performance as well as the cooperation
needed among employees to ensure the School of Law meets and exceeds
its goals. The award recipient, announced near the end of the
calendar year, receives $500, an individual award certificate, and
is noted on a commemorative plaque displayed in the School of Law.
This award was established in 2002 as the Employee Distinguished
Service Award. Funding for the 2003-2007 awards was solicited by
the School of Law Staff Representative Group. In 2005, the award
was renamed in memory and in honor of friend and colleague Emma
Terrell, and the law school established a fund in order to continue
- The Libraries has as program called the Asset Awards to acknowledge staff
and faculty accomplishments. The program has evolved over the years, going from a program started by
Administration to one that is put together each year by a committee of
library staff and faculty. Visit their web site --
Contact: Florence King firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Plant Building Services Department makes
Quarterly awards to outstanding employees on both day time and night time shifts.
Contact: Nancy L. Autry [email@example.com]
- Police Department
- The School of Social Work awards one staff member each year the Outstanding Staff Member Award.
The staff member is recognized by the dean at the school's annual awards luncheon on Honor's Day.
- Student Affairs holds an annual Awards and Recognition Celebration. Awards are for
"Innovative Achievement," "Collaborative Teamwork," "Unsung Hero," "Lee Anne Seawell Award for
Service to Students," "Dwight Douglas Award for Service to the Division," "Rookie of the Year,"
"Tough Dawg," and "Years of Service." Contact: Pam White [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- The Terry College of Business presents two awards per quarter. The Terry Achievement Awards are designed to recognize Terry
staff members for outstanding performance in carrying out their assigned responsibilities. The Terry Community Building Awards
are designed to recognize Terry staff for outstanding performance in building the Terry College community. Winners are chosen from nominees
submitted to a five-person awards selection committee consisting of faculty and staff, which is appointed annually by the dean.
Contact: Elizabeth Pape email@example.com
- The College of Veterinary Medicine presents staff awards in the spring at their annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon. Annual awards are
presented to one clinical and one non-clinical staff member; and many other staff are recognized for serving 10 or more years. Contact: Tracy Giese,
public relations director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 583-5485. Awards page: